Welcome·´¯`·.¸¸. ...¤ ¸¸.·´¯`·.¸


Thank you to visit my blog.

"Everyday, I am keep searching for one thing I believe it is great....

....the seeds of Dream that God planted in my heart.

Believing is powerful. I believe dream does come true."

Miracles belong to those who believe it.


Love,

Alice






Wednesday

My Lovely Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year is just around the corner, I am happily to unpack my new clothes that I just bought from Forever 21. Of course, this excitement for the new year made me think about my childhood.

The Chinese new year cake, Niao Gao (年糕) is my favourite food during new year. And I miss my mum homemade reunion dinner very much.

This is the Nian Gao

Reunion Dinner Set Up. Yummy!
Zho Yun Tun - Deep Fried dumpling

Spicy Pork

Homemade Ginger Chicken (My childhood favourite!)

Mushroom + Chicken leg

This is my mum's signature marinated pork with yam, we called it as Dong Bo Rou (东波肉)

In Chinese Tradition, we have the Reunion Dinner in the Chinese New Year Eve, every Chinese will go home to have this important dinner with all of their family member. To count down this festive season during the eve, my family will pray for the Chinese Goddess in the midnight, what we name as "Jie Chai Shen" (接财神), this traditional practice are believed by us for inviting the Prosperous Goddess (财神).

Of couse, after I married, I celebrate this Reunion Dinner with my husband's grandparents and my mum-in-law. I like to use the red color decor painting to dress up our house . Currently, I still do not have any kid, so the house decoration mostly done by me and my husband. I hope when my child is born, I will teach what I know about the tradition of "Chinese New Year".

This is a love and happy season. I wish you and your family have a wonderful weekend!
And we like to say "Gong Xi Fatt Chai" during this special season!! :) Wishing you have a prosperous Chinese New Year!

Love,
Alice Hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment